I have been hearing talk of Miss Babs for quite some time. And I even traded for a single skein a few months back. But I was biding my time until a little extra yarn money came into the budget; I had plans to pounce! Low and behold, Miss Babs often hosts a post-Christmas “Gratitude” sale, and being on the mailing list, I was ready to go Christmas morning. I picked up a Trio in Yet (which is three individual skeins that will work well together for a project) and two skeins of Hot Shot Fingering in Plum for my Loop socks–more on that project later!
Some things to know about Miss Babs:
- Miss Babs is a group of women who dye beautiful, and excellent yarn bases
- you can sometimes get free shipping if you are willing to put enough in your shopping cart–I missed this key clause and was about $10 short of free shopping (damn!)
- Miss Babs produces repeatable colors AND what are called “Babettes”–these are repeatable, but usually with a bit of a twist or difference. They are not quite the same, but no one really cares because the yarn is so freaking beautiful
- the yarn I received is super close to its representation on-screen, particularly in terms of color
- yes, there is a Miss Babs . . .
But what you really need to know is how Miss Babs treats us first-timers! With extra gifts and mini-yarns, of course!
I’m always on the lookout for awesome new or as yet unfound indy dyers . . . recommendations?