In the spirit of lists-past and with an eye towards growing and changing and learning more, I present my 2017 To Learn list in all its promising glory:
- Practice and get more comfortable with colorwork (fair isle)
- Be a test-knitter–I have one on the line already!!
- Knit at least one practical sweater from my stash: Minthe? Georgetown?
- Conquer the Geology shawl that thwarted me in the past
- Grow the Podcast and add more video tutorials!
- Continue to work on lace and cables–learn their construction as much as possible
- Continue the one year, one blanket tradition! This time, Feederbrook Farm yarn; the plan: a Persian Dreams Blanket that I have been dreaming about for 2+ years now–there is even a worsted version available!
- Keep a pair of socks on the needles at all times
- Check out a yarn shop in every city I visit ( . . . if it has a yarn shop)
- Spin at least 1/3 of the braids in my stash (whoa–that alone could take a while)
- Card or otherwise process at least 1/3 of the washed fiber in my stash
- Buy less yarn and fiber–remember, the sheep will grow more!
What’s on your list? Share a link or give us an update on your plans in the comments! Happy New Year to everyone!