In the spirit of lists-past and with an eye towards growing and changing and learning more, I present my 2018 To Learn list in all its promising glory:
- Design a sweater–yep, I said it out loud!
- Meet more of you fiber folk out there in communities around the world
- Cultivate the podcast offerings and add more video tutorials
- Complete the Re-Make-Along with all of you!!
- Work on a fun collaboration/test knit with LBHand Knits
- Conquer the Geology shawl that thwarted me in the past
- Continue the one year, one blanket tradition! I’m talking about you, Persian Dreams Blanket in a worsted weight!
- Become more adept at drop-spindling
- Spin 1-2 braids/month on my Ladybug
- Get my Matchless wheel tuned up and humming!
- Check out a yarn shop in every city I visit ( . . . if it has a yarn shop)
- Buy less random yarn and fiber–aim instead for sweater quantities of soulful wool!
What’s on your list? Share a link or give us an update on your plans in the comments! Happy New Year to everyone!
And, for posterity’s sake, here is the 2017 list with notes!
Practice and get more comfortable with colorwork (fair isle)DONE! Be a test-knitter–I have one on the line already!!DONE! Knit at least one practical sweater from my stash: Minthe? Georgetown?DONE!
- Conquer the Geology shawl that thwarted me in the past –adding this to 2018
Grow the Podcast and add more video tutorials!DONE! Continue to work on lace and cables–learn their construction as much as possibleDONE!
- Continue the one year, one blanket tradition! This time, Feederbrook Farm yarn; the plan: a Persian Dreams Blanket that I have been dreaming about for 2+ years now–there is even a worsted version available! —Blanket started . . . but all those sweaters stole my attention from this project!
Keep a pair of socks on the needles at all timesDONE! Check out a yarn shop in every city I visit ( . . . if it has a yarn shop)DONE!
- Spin at least 1/3 of the braids in my stash (whoa–that alone could take a while) –hahahahahahahhaha. sniffle. hahahahahha.
- Card or otherwise process at least 1/3 of the washed fiber in my stash –hahahahahahahhaha. sniffle. hahahahahha.
Buy less yarn and fiber–remember, the sheep will grow more!DONE!