Shorn, my first farm-to-skein yarn, was released on Sat, March 2nd at 1:00pm! I’m currently SOLD OUT, but I do have a short waiting list (in case skeins become available) Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on the waiting list 🙂
This is a limited edition, locally grown and spun yarn made from the fleece of sheep who live right down the road from me on Fox Run Farm (Monticello, Il) and Seven Sisters Farm (Sidney, IL)! It’s been left in it’s natural, cream-colored state and minimally processed by Stonehedge Fiber Mill in Michigan. Because the mill does not use chemicals, the yarn has a small amount of VM (vegetable matter). This yarn is a delight to knit and makes a beautifully dense and warm fabric! Limited supply available! Add a skein to your stash OR purchase a kit designed specifically for this yarn!
In a nutshell, Shorn is:
- Blended for next-to-skin softness and strength: 80% Cormo / 20% Corriedale
- Grown and Gathered from two local Illinois shepherdesses
- Milled in Michigan
- Spun to be a sport weight yarn
- Skeined up in 250 yd / 4oz hanks of squishy goodness!
- Best for: close-to-the-skin accessories such as cowls, hats, or shawls . . . but it would also make a beautiful sweater!
Patterns for Shorn
To make this launch even more special, I’ve teamed up with my friend, Albina McLaughlin, the brilliant designer behind LB Handknits. She has designed two “Csilla” patterns: a 1-skein cowl and a 1-skein hat perfect for this yarn. Both accessory patterns have been tech edited and test knit. During the launch, kits for both will be available!!
I’ll also be having a little YouTube yarn launch party with some giveaways! Shorn is in limited supply, and I’m hoping you can get your hands on some.
All you have to decide is what to order! I have three options available:
- skeins for $20 each + shipping
- a Csilla Cowl Kit (1 skein of yarn + pattern ): $24 + shipping
- a Csilla Hat Kit (1 skein of yarn + pattern ): $24 + shipping
**I am currently *SOLD OUT* Email me to be added to the waiting list: email@example.com
To purchase your own piece of this farm-to-skein adventure, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your Paypal email address, ZIP code, AND your order (number of skeins an/or kits). I’ll send a Paypal invoice directly to you with shipping pre-calculated! I’ll be accepting orders on a first come, first serve basis as of 1:00pm CST on Saturday, March 2nd.
I can’t wait for Saturday . . . can you??